Friday, June 21, 2013

Nailed IT!

I have seen multiple versions of this project all over Pinterest ... So we thought we would try our hand at the chalkboard wreath ... Nailed IT!

Here is what you will need:  Grape vine wreath of your choice, chipboard, chalk board paint / spray and embellishments. 
The biggest trick with this project is cutting the chipboard circle that will fit right in the wreath.  As you can see my wreath is a bit wonkie, so I decided to leave it as such to add character and a place to provide embellishment.  Once you cut your circle, apply your chalk board paint.  I chose to use spray paint because it is quick and easy.  I also noticed 2 coats worked the best with the spray.
Once the paint dried I hot glued my new chalk board to the wreath.
Added my embellishments and WALLA ~ fancy new chalk board!  This was a super easy project with minimal difficulties.  You could have it done in 1 hour or less.

If you would like to make one for your home but don't want to run around town to find the right supplies ... Join us for the July 20th Pinterest Party and we will knock this project out.

Shannen

No comments: